A.E.Robert Friedman PDCA Scholarship
Educating Tomorrows Leaders
An A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship is open to any high school senior or college age student seeking to further their education. Applicants must be sponsored by an active PDCA member in good standing.
Applications (formerly Nominations) are currently being accepted online. Please create a registration login and start your application today. Now accepting applications through December 7, 2018.
Winners are announced at the Annual PDCA Painting Contractors Association Expo.
Candidates for an award from the PDCA - A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship Fund must be sponsored by an active PDCA member in good standing.
To be eligible for a scholarship award, candidates:
- Must be sponsored by an active PDCA member in good standing.
- Must at the time of application be at least in the senior year of high school.
- Must pledge to use any scholarship award granted toward vocational, college or post-college studies.
- Are not required to be a member of the PDCA, related to a PDCA member or an employee of a
- PDCA member, or to have any other connection with the PDCA.
Subject to the above requirements, any individual shall be eligible for a scholarship award.
- The Trustees will make annual awards based upon character, financial need, and upon full or part-time attendance in an accredited junior college, college, university, vocational, or post-graduate institution. The Trustees reserve the right to investigate and verify any information or data submitted by the candidate.
The Trustees shall, in their absolute discretion, select the recipients of these awards (to be known as the PDCA A.E. Robert Friedman Scholarship Award) as well as determine the number of eligible recipients each year. In no case shall a recipient be eligible to receive an award for more than four (4) years.
Announcement of the awards shall be communicated and publicized at PDCA's annual convention. All awards will be in form of a check accompanied by such other means of recognition of the successful candidates' status as may be prescribed by the Trustees. The Trustees reserve the right to make the award in the form of a check payable to the institution attended by the successful candidate.