A New Angle on Hiring
If you’re like many business owners, hiring is intimidating to you. It takes a while to learn the skill and work the steps for bringing on new team members. In our recent conversation, Madeleine Macrae provided some insights on the hiring process.
- You won’t be an expert at hiring until you’ve hired at least 100 people.
- Make sure you are attracting the people you want to work at your company. Find people who fit the vibe of your organization.
- Ask yourself if hiring someone is worth it for your time.
- Follow the rule of three and never hire a person until you have at least three candidates you would actually hire.
- Understand that new employees will show their personality when they first start. Pick up on their traits and don’t be scared to part ways if it’s not a good fit.
- Your best potential employees likely have good jobs already. Find ways to bring them on your team.
To hear more tips and learn more about Madeleine’s hiring success, check out our recent PaintED Podcast.