Pathways for Employee Advancement
New employees can often find that their aspirations have been lost in the rush of starting a new job. In this podcast, Christian Militello walks us through how he’s creating ways to give new employees attainable goals and how to overcome the problems he’s facing in the process.
- Understand the epidemic of undervaluing what painting contractors do.
- Think about the size of your company and the advancement of your employees.
- Make a tree full of job positions and things you have to know to get there.
- Understand employees are concerned with how much money they are making, and outline the steps to get where they want to be.
- ALWAYS provide opportunity.
- Break down how profit relates to job opportunity and advancement for employees.
- Determine how you address training.
- Encourage employees to document everything you do and pursue their curiosity.
Hear more about pathways for employee advancement and get other business insights on our PaintED podcast channel.