A.E. Friedman Scholarship Program
Educating Tomorrow's Leaders
Established in 1978, the A.E. Robert Friedman PDCA Scholarship provides funds to deserving high school seniors or college-aged students who are seeking to further their education through vocational or post-college studies and is based on the students’ character and financial need.
Who Should Apply?
- Students sponsored by a PDCA National Member
- Students who will be applying to any state-certified community, vocational/technical institution
- Students who can demonstrate a need for additional funding to complete their programs in a painting or coatings industry related field of study
- Application Form: Fill out completely or mark N/A if not applicable. Incomplete information may affect the rating of your application. All information you provide is strictly confidential.
- Two current letters of recommendation describing your qualifications that make you a clear choice for an AERF Scholarship.
- Academic transcript (unofficial copy allowed) from your last two semesters, three quarters, or a copy of your most recent transcript.
- Essay (250 words min.) on your career goals.
- Letter of Recommendation by a PDCA National member in good standing.
Application Deadline and Notification
All application packets must be postmarked by December 7, 2018. The Trustees will make their decision in January 2019. Scholarship award recipients will be contacted via mail by February 15, 2019. All applicants will be mailed notice of their final status.
If you have any questions, please call PDCA Associate Director, John Schwent at 314-900-2014 or email to email@example.com.
Applicants will be judged according to the following criteria:
- 20% Academic Record
- 20% Financial Need
- 15% Community Service/Extracurricular School Activities
- 15% Recommendations
- 15% Essay
- 15% Work Experience
Distribution of Scholarships
AERF will award: Up to $1,500 in scholarship awards to students applying to vocational/technical colleges for programs in the painting/coatings industry-related field of study. Scholarship awards are for the 2019-2020 school year. Applicants may reapply for scholarship awards in subsequent years.